Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Practice what you preach


I do it every year - will I never learn? I preach "sunscreen, sunscreen" to the kids, but do I listen myself. Of course not.

After getting off work around 1pm I decided to spend the afternoon at the pool reading (Unveiled - a novella by Francine Rivers). It was a breezy 76 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

My arms are now sunburned everywhere but the anticubital space (sorry - nursing term) from where they were bent holding my book. It doesn't look too bad as long as I walk around with my arms bent!

I contemplated taking a vinegar bath tonight - that always helps soothe the burn. But considering I don't have any white vinegar, my options would be a bath in apple cider vinegar which would probably leave me smelling like cole slaw.

I think I will skip the bath, take a healthy dose of ibuprofen, and go to bed.

1 comment:

Brian B said...

Thats why you were walking around with your arms out stretched all night.