Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Let the Son shine in


Since Jane was in Texas today, I taught the lady's Sunday School class. I expanded on a chapter in the Bible study, That I May Know Him, that I have been doing.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

"Let" is a simple condition - but it is something that we have to do. Much like opening the window to "let" the sunlight come in, we need to "let" the sceptre of His peace rule our heart and life.

Too often we become discouraged as a result of our thoughts. According to Matthew 23:37, we are commanded to love our Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind. These passages show a promise that is given to us if we will focus on the Lord. Note what we must do for this promise to be fulfilled in our lives. That I May Know Him June Kimmel

The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3
The promise is perfect peace if we trust God.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27 The promise is peace, different than the world's peace, if we don't let our hearts be troubled and fearful.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 The promise is peace which we cannot understand that will guard our feelings and thoughts if we are not anxious, and if we pray and ask with thankfulness.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9 The promise is the peace of God if we not only think on right things but also do the things we know to do.

1 comment:

Brian B said...

It is Tuesday and no new posts?

What's up?