Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Life Savers


Megan had an exciting day yesterday - she had her first "save." She had to go in after a teenage boy bigger than her who had gotten into trouble after jumping off the diving board.

It sounds like she did everything textbook - even the stride jump! She told me, "Mom, I did the stride jump right! My head never went under water, and I never took my eyes off the kid." She swam over to him and pulled him up onto her lifesaving thing (I don't know what that thing is called) and then helped him get to the side. She said the only thing she forgot to do was blow her whistle before she jumped in. I'm so proud of her:)

Levi had a two-for-one save on Thursday morning during swim lessons at the YMCA. He said a 5 or 6 year old boy was in the deep end when his bubble belt broke. He started going under and a little girl next to him tried to help him by getting on top of him! Both kids were soon on their way down. Levi, who was already in the water swam over to them and pulled them out. Thank goodness he was paying attention!

There was a little preschool girl at the pool last summer who always called Levi her "lifesaver." She would tell her mom, "Mom, don't worry about me, my lifesaver is here!" This fall she was in kindergarten at Tabernacle. When she would see Levi in the hall she would say, "Hey, I know you. You are my lifesaver!"

Brian and Joel went out this morning in an attempt to do some lifesaving - more like introduce people to the THE lifesaver. Brian, Joel, and Adam went to Nashville to do some street witnessing. They came back encouraged by their contacts and ready to go again.

Rescue the perishing, Care for the dying,
Snatch them in pity from sin and the grave;

Weep o'er the erring one, Lift up the fallen,
Tell them of Jesus the mighty to save.

Rescue the perishing, Duty demands it;
Strength for thy labor the Lord will provide;
Back to the narrow way Patiently win them;
Tell the poor wonder'er a Savior has died.

Rescue the perishing, care for the dying;
Jesus is merciful, Jesus will save.

Fanny J. Crosby

No comments: