Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Young and in love

This Wednesday Brian and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! It sounds cliche to say "Where has the time gone?" but that's exactly what I am thinking.

In honor of our anniversary, I have decided to dedicate all posts this week to "us." A little sappy I know - but 20 years is no small thing!



Young love - February, 1983. This is a picture from our first "date" - it wasn't really a date because I wasn't allowed to date yet (even though he picked me up and brought me home). It was a Valentine's Banquet for our church's youth group - I was 13 and he was 17. We had known each other about 2 months.



I love these two pictures. It was October, 1984. and I was 14 and Brian was 18. He came to my house to trick-or-treat - although minus the hat those were his normal clothes! By this time I was TOTALLY in love with him - Hawaiian shirt and all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those pictures are like looking at Megan with a different hairdo!