Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

With the morning sun

With the morning sun came surrender.

Like Jacob, the struggling and striving are over. I am yielded.

And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go,except thou bless me. Genesis 32:26

With the morning sun came humbleness.

Do I know where God stores the snow and the hail? Can I guide the stars? Can I cause the rain to fall from the clouds? Do I hunt prey for the lions and satisfy the appetite of the lion cubs? Does the hawk fly by my wisdom? Do I know what is best for me?

Behold, I am vile;
What shall I answer You?
I lay my hand over my mouth. Job 40:4

With the morning sun came communion.

Brian's love for me is unwavering. What I interpreted as callousness on his part was in truth a wall. A wall I had built myself keeping him out and making it impossible for him to comfort me.

With the morning sun came hope.

My hope isn't based on two pink lines.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness,

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.


When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace,

In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.


On Christ, the solid rock, I stand -
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments: