Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Friday, May 25, 2007

People need the Lord


(Brian and the boys passing out tracts at the GenCon Convention last summer)

Our family is excited about going to the grand opening of the Creation Museum (answersingenesis.org) on Memorial Day. I saw a clip from Good Morning America previewing the museum (abc.com). It is so exciting to see Ken Ham on national television talking about the God of the Bible and a literal six-day creation.

Here is an excerpt from the story - it is nice to see the tables turned:

Mainstream scientists worry that because the museum is so technically sophisticated, it could be effective in giving children a distorted view of science.

"That they'll show up in classrooms and say, 'Gee, Mrs. Brown, I went to this spiffy museum last summer and they say that everything you're teaching me is a lie,'" said Eugenie Scott, the executive director of the National Center for Science Education.

Ham believes that's what should happen.

"And I say, great. Amen. That's what this place is all about," he said. "It's meant to challenge people."

Finally, a museum that tells the truth! A museum that I can let the kids read the plaques in front of the exhibits because I know they contain truth and not lies. Finally, a museum that explains the hope that lies within us and provides answers to a lost and dying world.

Everyday they pass me by,
I can see it in their eye.
Empty people filled with care,
Headed who knows where?

On they go through private pain,
Living fear to fear.
Laughter hides their silent cries,
Only Jesus hears.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize -- people need the Lord?

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right.
What would be too great a cost
For sharing Life with one who's lost?

Through His love our hearts can feel
All the grief they bear.
They must hear the Words of Life
Only we can share.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize that we must give our lives,
For people need the Lord.
People need the Lord.

No comments: