Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Shepherds



I love the way Brian teaches the Song of Solomon. He takes the view that Solomon (the World) is trying to win the heart of the Shulamite girl (Christians) but that she is in love with the Shepherd (Christ) and the Shepherd is in love with her and promises to come get her (the Rapture). It is fascinating to read the book from that perspective.
The Song of Solomon paints a wonderful picture of Christ's love for us and the love and devotion that hopefully we have for Him. But also, because it really did happen, it is a beautiful love story of a couple devoted to each other and deeply in love.
I am so thankful for my heavenly Shepherd, Christ, who loves me for who I am. I am thankful that He is everthing I need Him to be and that He is everywhere I want Him to be.
I am also thankful for my earthly Shepherd, Brian, who too loves me for who I am. Even after 20 years I still find myself "looking through the lattice hoping to catch a glimpse of him."
Sometimes the cares and worries of this world like Solomon try to woo me in - but I know both my heavenly shepherd and my earthly shepherd love me.
What more do I need.

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the
floods drown it. Song of Songs 8:7

No comments: