Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Peer Pressure

Everyone, literally everyone, is dieting at work. I was unmoved by their SmartOnes meals, SlimFast drinks, Weight Watcher yogurt, and NutriSystem packaged lunches. Unmoved that is until I realized I was the only one partaking from the box of Ghirardelli chocolates in the nurses' station in honor of Nurses Week.

I decided then not to diet but to "modify my lifestyle." I would try to start eating low carb. So far here is how it has gone.

Lifestyle Modification Day One:

Breakfast - Hard boiled egg
2 pieces of bacon (leftover from catered tumor board meeting - which I didn't attend)

Lunch - Salad with grilled chicken/Honey mustard dressing (provided by drug rep promoting new "easier to dose" low molecular weight heparin - sure to bankrupt your patient with the first dose) I should have been stronger and boycotted lunch, but I was hungry.

Supper - Turkey sandwhich on whole wheat flatbread wrap (which Megan said had the texture of a paper towel - what do you expect with 8 grams of fiber), cheeseball on whole wheat crackers, and baked beans.

Lifestyle Modification Day Two:

Breakfast: Raspberry filled jelly donut and chocolate milk

To quote Snowbelle from Cats and Dogs, "I feel bloated.
Maybe more food will help."

1 comment:

Brian B said...

Your to funny!!!