Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Questions



I hate hard questions.

Brian preached tonight from Psalm 73 - a psalm written by Asaph one of David's chief musicians. Asaph asked hard questions.

It seems as I get older, life is getting harder - and my questions are too. I have, however, come to realize that not all my questions will be answered on this side of Heaven.
All to Jesus I surrender; 
all to him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust him,
in his presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender;
humbly at his feet I bow,
worldly pleasures all forsaken;
take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to thee;
fill me with thy love and power,
let thy blessing fall on me.

Things I am trying to surrender -

my need to understand why;
my expectations;
my plans;
my future; and

my desires.

No comments: