Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Lesson from Levi


Mrs. N. assigned to her English 11 class a book report - the book, a self help book. Levi read The Mystery of God's Will by Charles Swindoll.

Last night he asked me to proof read his report for him. Thanks to years of ABEKA grammar, he did a nice job.

But as I was reading his report, a paragraph really struck a chord with me. Courtesy of Levi, here's the paragraph:

He [Pastor Swindoll] leaves four guidelines that will help us when we come upon a closed door. The first is that because God is sovereign He is in full control. Second, because God is in full control of everything He will take full responsibility for what happens. Third, the closing of what may seem to be a good opportunity will open up a better door. Fourth, it is not until we walk through the opened door that we will find out why God shut the other door.

The line that really caught my eye was because God is in full control of everything He will take full responsibility for what happens. When doors that I just know should be open get shut, it is comforting to know that God takes full responsibility and can be trusted in his decision making.

Here's a crazy thought - trust God, He knows what He's doing. Thanks, Levi, for a timely lesson.

No comments: