Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Friday, July 6, 2007

Brian

(Batman and Brian)

Today is Brian's 42nd birthday! After celebrating 25 birthdays with Brian, I have realized some things about him never change. I know they proved on Myth Busters that you can teach an old dog new tricks - but I haven't seen that myth busted when it comes to husbands.

Some things will never change - and for the most part I am glad. Brian will always . . .

want something Batman for his birthday
turn whatever vehicle he is driving into his "nest" in a matter of days
look good in camo pants no matter what shirt he wears with it
have a messy office, garage, and closet
put a lot of sugar on his Cheerios
go shirtless in the summer (it must be a Butler thing)
be an encourager
hate to get up in the morning
have a passion for the lost
eat ice cream sandwiches in bed and leave the wrappers on the floor
listen to books, old radio shows, or preaching while driving
think air purifies socks
like to talk to me on the phone
think eating bread makes a stomach ache go away
get "watch" and "warning" confused (I'll help him with that if he will always help me with "fiction" and "nonfiction")
love people
look sick when we get our taxes figured
complement my cooking
enjoy working
hate the cat
drive when we're on vacation
wear checkered Vans
be a great dad
love me!!!

This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Solomon

No comments: