Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ouch!

Joel's head bounced on the gym floor tonight like a ping-pong ball. It's a sick feeling watching that happen to your child - I'm sure it was even a sicker feeling for Joel.

It was during the JV came tonight. Joel was going after a loose ball and so was a guy from the other team. They collided, and Joel hit the floor hard with the back of his head - then the guy landed on his face.

He got up on his own. I don't believe he actually lost consciousness, but he was pretty dazed. His nose was bleeding pretty badly and he left a trail of blood as he was helped to the locker room.

Damage assessment: one banged up nose, one busted lip, and one walnut size lump on the back of his head.

Because he doesn't remember much from right before or after hitting his head, I will be waking him up at midnight and 2am to make sure he's okay.

Needless to say, he didn't get his book report written when he got home from the game.

No comments: