Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Can you believe it?

(This picture has NOTHING to do with this post. Ha ha.
It is just another beach picture I wanted to share.)

For the FIRST time in my life I took four dresses into the fitting room and . . .

ALL four fit and I liked ALL of them!

After much parading around outside the JCPenney dressing room, it is settled.

I have my dress!

What I like about my dress in bullet form.

  • It has sleeves. Therefore, there will be absolutely no arm jiggle going on.
  • It has rouching - rouching is good, very good.
  • It is very comfortable to wear. There should be no tugging and pulling. If I do it will be simply out of habit and not necessity.
  • It doesn't make me look old. At least I don't think it makes me look old. Please humor me and tell me it doesn't make me look old.
  • There is absolutely NO beading. I am not ready to wear beading. Beading=postmenopausal status.
  • It is in a nice color that will blend in well with the wedding party. The last think I want to do is stand out like a sore thumb.
  • Brian went "Oh ya!" when he saw it - enough said! At that point it didn't even matter if it was on sale.