Thoughts from me - a preacher's wife, farmer's daughter, mom, and nurse. Posts are mainly intended to help me journal the events of my life - topics will include kids, church, work, marriage, life in general,
and of course my dogs . . . and whatever else I feel compelled to write about.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Reflections

Summer 2008 is almost one for the history books - school is breathing down our necks and I find myself wishing it was the first of July and not the first of August!

Although marred by flood, pneumonia (Levi), and crazy work schedules - we managed to eek some fun out of this summer. For posterity's sake - here's a brief recap.

Joel's Motocross Race -



This is me reminding Joel how much time and effort
I have put into him and the fact that
"I am too old to replace him so he had better be careful"
before going and sitting in the car because I couldn't bear to watch him race.



By his second race - I was cheering in the stands
and yelling for him to go faster and
"cut that guy off in the corner."
I am MUCH too competitive.

Joel did well considering he was up against bikes
that were more powerful than his.
He managed to pull of an impressive 6th place finish out of 16!

Megan in Godspell -



The theater monopolized most of Megan's summer -
with practices three nights a week.
She was awesome, amazing, beautiful,
and the most talented one on the stage!
Ok, Emily was really good too - and so was everybody else.



She was an awesome JoAnn!

One of our absolute favorite childhood memories of Megan is when she was around three - Brian was trying to video tape her singing "Away in a Manger." After starting and stopping the song several times, she looked and Brian and said,
"I don't wanna sing - I wanna dance!"
She then twirled around the living room until she fell down.

Now she can sing and dance!

Our "impromptu" trip to New Buffalo, Michigan -



Tasting candy at the Albanese Candy Factory - Yum!!
I think Levi bought every kind of dark chocolate candy they had.
Joel bought sour worms.
Megan bought gummy "crowns."
Brian bought yogurt covered pretzel balls.
I bought dark chocolate covered raisins -
which had the effect of dark chocolate covered prunes.
Maybe I shouldn't have eaten 1/2 pound of them. Oh well, live and learn.



Bass Pro Shop - I love the way they decorate!
Why doesn't my old stuff laying around the house look as good as their old stuff?



Levi a/k/a Pedro trying on a new hat.



Megan and Joel posing for Jane!
One of our goals on vacation was NOT to eat fast food.
We wanted to eat at local places - which we did A LOT!



Me and the kids on the beach in New Buffalo, Michigan.
Beautiful! Why didn't we discover this place years ago?



Megan



Levi



Joel



Proof I walked on the rock breaker wall.



Megan - our little Mermaid!



Now you see him - now you don't!
While walking across the breaker wall,
Joel slipped on a slimy rock and fell in the the water.
Good thing I was too busy watching my own feet to see him go in!



Me and the kids on the breaker wall.



Levi defacing state of Michigan property.
Just kidding - it will wash off.



Am I married to the most handsome man in the world or what!



Again proof that I walked across the breaker wall - facing my fears!
And unfortunately, proof that I need to buy some Hoodia
and actually do those exercise DVD's I spent $70 on!



My Joelman! I think this picture belongs in a Michigan brochure!



Levi eating a Chicago dog from Nancy's in New Buffalo.
Contents: hotdog, relish, mustard, onions, diced tomatoes,
dill pickle slice, two peppers, and celery salt
ALL on a sesame seed hotdog bun.
Joel even ate one! Hard to believe, I know.
I think he's growing up! Sniff, Sniff!



Me in Michigan City sporting my lovely sunburn and a smile.



If Levi and I ever make a CD together, this will be the cover.
I LOVE this picture. I look small compared to the lighthouse!



Another of Megan's famous backseat pictures!

And now one of the things I looked forward to the most about our trip -
eating at the Triple XXX in Lafayette.
Don't be shocked that we are letting Joel enter such an establishment,
the Triple XXX has nothing to do with what you might think -
it's all about the root beer!





Me pointing to the picture of Guy Fieri from the Food Network's
Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I LOVE that show!



Joel and Levi ate the famous hamburger that comes with everything
INCLUDING peanut butter on the bun!
I had their famous tenderloin - as seen on the Food Network!
Brian had a cheeseburger and Megan had a BLT.
Aside from Levi and I butting heads for a while
(don't even ask - suffice it to say we are way too much alike) -
it was a good time and the place didn't let me down!



Us! Sunburned and tired - but happy to be spending time as a family!

No comments: